Electricity service: Fragile supply-demand balance could cause sporadic rationing in the SIG
Eneo Cameroon informs its customers in the Littoral, Centre, South-West, South, West and North-West Regions that the ratio between the quantity of power generated and the demand for electricity in these Regions reveals a residual deficit leading to sporadic rationing.
These disruptions are due to constraints recorded mainly in the generation segment. That is, a decrease in generation in three major power plants:
- Mem'vele managed by EDC due to the second low water level of the year on the Ntem River,
- Songloulou managed by Eneo due to work to extend the life of the plant, and
- Kribi gas of KPDC due to maintenance.
Eneo Cameroon urges its customers to regularly take the following useful actions in this situation of relative energy constraint:
- Consult the schedule of power outages for works and various constraints on our website www.eneocameroon.cm
- Alert Eneo on its platforms in case of unplanned outage
- Adopt responsible behavior such as saving energy
Eneo Cameroon stands by its customers in this difficult situation.
Download .pdf version of release news