Power supply disruptions resulting mainly from transmission difficulties
For several days, the electricity system in the South Interconnected Grid has been experiencing power supply disruptions in several cities.
In this situation and despite an improvement in the availability and stability of the distribution network, households are experiencing a deterioration in their power supply.
The causes include:
- Major energy transit constraints on the transmission network due to the overloading of some SONATREL facilities (power transformers and lines);
- A residual generation deficit.
Eneo would like to thank all the industrial customers who, by occasionally giving up their consumption, are helping to reduce the impact of the current imbalance.
Eneo learned of SONATREL's acquisition of several power transformers that it plans to install in some of its substations in order to reduce the current dysfunctions of the system.
In the meantime, Eneo Cameroon would like to express its solidarity with its affected customers. It is calling on all its customers to:
- Regularly consult the schedule of outages due to works and/or shortages on its online platform;
- Report any unscheduled power cuts to 8010 or on its social media in order to help in case of any repairs;
- Avoid wasting energy;
- Take the usual safety measures.
Eneo Cameroon is closely monitoring the situation and will provide updates as the situation evolves.